Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How It All Started


I think it’s important as I start my blog that I tell a little back story of how I came to be The Thrifty Maven.  I’ve always been a very money smart individual.  My parents raised me to know the real meaning of a dollar.  However, what the real meaning of a dollar was didn’t really hit me until I was an adult and paying for everything on my own.  As with a lot of people in recent years, my family has been a victim of the recession.  My husband, a carpenter, was laid off more times than I can count and our trending analysis for our house value would best be described as a downward sloping arrow.  It was at that time that I decided I needed to step up my game.  It was do or die and anyone who knows me personally knows that I do not go down without a fight.  Since failure wasn’t an option for me, I decided that I needed to take a serious look at my finances.  So was born my Thrift Maven side.  


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...